Information for parent’s section of website
Online safety is extremely important and students at WMG Academy will follow a planned programme of age relevant online safety work from Year 10 to Year 13. They will look at how to be safe online in all subject lessons where ICT is used, as well as through form time activities and special assemblies during every year. Topics include: cyber-bullying, online predators and sexting.
We encourage teachers and pupils to use ICT as part of everyday teaching and learning, but as the internet and new technologies are being developed and changed every day it is important that staff, parents and pupils remain vigilant to possible threats and risks
Safe Internet Access
- The evaluation of on-line materials is a part of every subject using the Internet.
- The school will work in partnership with Coventry City Council to ensure filtering systems are as effective as possible.
- If staff or pupils discover unsuitable sites, the URL, time and date must be reported to the school e-Safety Co-ordinator or ICT Support Staff.
- We are aware of the need to ensure that filtering policies take account of new developments on the Internet and they are regularly updated by Coventry City Council Network Team and the Network Manager.
- The Network Manager will ensure that regular checks are made to ensure that the filtering methods selected are appropriate, effective and reasonable
Not all parents will have access to the internet, and some may not feel confident using it.
Please use the link to the NSPCC web-page below, that provides lots of helpful advice with regards to keeping your child safe online:
How to report an issue.
You can contact the academy DSL’’s via reception. To report any issue relating to Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) click HERE.
Remember if you need immediate help call 999