Information required by government
WMG Academy received a ‘good’ rating across all categories it its first ever Ofsted inspection (2017).
The academy was praised for its business ethos, teaching standards and student behaviour, as well as its safeguarding and leadership.
The report revealed: “Pupils are well prepared for their next stages in education and for life in modern Britain.
“Pupils are confident and articulate; they work well independently and in groups. Many are excited by their studies because they understand the relationship between their lessons and their future careers.”
Chief Executive Kate Tague said: “We are delighted with the Ofsted report. It is testament to the staff and the students here who work very hard to put the academy on the map as the place to go for a career-based education.
“We have managed to create an ethos of professionalism and aspiration and that is evident from the successes of former students who have gone on to careers, universities and training in science, technology, engineering and maths. We will continue to work hard to make WMG Academy for Young Engineers outstanding.”
WMG Academy Coventry Ofsted Report
“Pupils are well prepared for their next stages in education and for life in modern Britain."
Download the report here.
The Ofsted website can be found here
You can provide feedback to Ofsted through Parent View here
See the Department for Education’s data on WMG Academy Coventry here
Find statutory information about WMG Academy for Young Engineers Company here
Annual Reports And Accounts For All Years
SEND Information Report WMG Academy
Pupil Premium Impact Report and Plan WMG Academy Coventry
16-19 Tuition Funding
16-19 Tuition Fund Statement WMG Academy Coventry
COVID-19 Risk Assessment And Appendices
Our Risk Assessment can be found here
Please click below to read the appendices.
- Appendix A – Procedure for Self Isolation January 2022
- Appendix B – Procedure for Showing Symptoms Onsite September 2021
- Appendix C – Procedure for Confirmed Cases January 2022
- Appendix D – Recording Attendance September 2021
- Appendix E – COVID-19 Behaviour Addendum August 2020
- Appendix F – Isolation Pay Statement September 2021
- Appendix G – Outbreak Management Plan and Contingency Plans January 2022
- Appendix H – Temporary Homeworking Guidelines February 2021
- Appendix I – Lateral Flow Testing RA October 2021