Our students are prepared for life in the real world
Getting Our Students Ready for Work
Our careers provision is second-to-none, helping all of our students’ progress on to
apprenticeships, university or employment.
Our aim is to ensure every students will experience a careers programme of
activities that gives an insight into employability competencies, practical occupational
knowledge and key recruitment skills to make sure they are equipped for life outside
- raising aspirations and increasing motivation by helping young people identify
educational and occupational goals
- demonstrating the relevance of the knowledge and skills learnt in subjects to
future opportunities in learning and working
- providing work enrichment opportunities including work experience, workplace
visits, guest speakers and site visits.
Mrs Carmichael, the designated Careers Leader is on site five days a week and is
open to collaborating with potential employers and higher education institutions.
If you would like to work with us, or if you are a parent or prospective student with
questions, then please get in touch email@example.com
As an academy we are committed to upholding the eight Gatsby benchmarks of
good career guidance. This includes:
- Preparation and support for work experience applications and apprenticeships
- University workshops delivered by professionals from Warwick and Coventry
- Guest speakers from various industries giving updates on apprenticeship
placements and company insights
- Visits and industry insights organised in collaboration with subject areas linking
curriculum to careers
In addition, the students receive daily news on various opportunities including
summer school programmes, subject masterclasses, open days, work
experience, career insights and current apprenticeships and employment
The plans are reviewed annually, the next review will be July 2020 destinations.
We are proud of the destinations our students go to, please click here to some case
studies which showcase what our students go on to do.
Ofsted said of WMG Academy Coventry:
“Pupils are well prepared for their next stages in education and for life in modern
“Pupils are confident and articulate; they work well independently and in groups.
Many are excited by their studies because they understand the relationship between